Last Updated April 25th, 2019
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
2. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
First, we do not place cookies until you elect to continue using our Sites after our cookie banner displays.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Required Cookies: These Cookies are necessary to enable The ASCAP Foundation’s core business functionality on the website and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are typically set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or completing forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies, but certain portions and/or functionality of the site may not work if you do so.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies are not strictly necessary to enable The ASCAP Foundation’s core business, but allow the site to function and cannot be switched off in our systems at this time. Some of these Cookies collect aggregated and anonymized information used to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve user experience. Others include third-party Cookies that deliver optional, enhanced functionality and personalization, such as embedded third-party music or video players.
- Targeting and Social Media Cookies: These Cookies include those set by social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks, as well as advertising or tracking Cookies that may be dropped by third-party tools on our site, over which The ASCAP Foundation has no control. These may be capable of tracking your browsing activities across other sites and building a profile of your interests. The types of information collected and activities tracked are subject to such third-party’s terms and conditions. Disabling these Cookies may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit and will block this site’s social media sharing functionality and access to certain content.
3. WHAT INFORMATION IS PROCESSED?
4. HOW WE DEPLOY COOKIES
Our Cookies. We deploy cookies to help us to: identify how users navigate to and around our Site; track your use of the Site (e.g., to enable us to process your application) and enable some of the features within the Site that may be beneficial to you (e.g., allow you to adjust language preferences); recognize you when you return to our Site (this speeds up your access to the Site as you do not have to log in each time); carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services; help us better understand your requirements and interests; enable you to post comments; pictures and articles on your social media accounts; create our and our partners’ marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalized to your interests; analyze audience size and user experience; and otherwise make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable. We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. More information is provided in our Cookie Preference Center.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING